Happy Monday!

Happiness is...
good food!
The hubs is an amazing cook! He is always coming up with with something new and delicious. He can take random things out of our pantry, when I think we have no food, and come up with this yummy meal. It's not that I can't cook, because I can. I just have to follow a recipe. I also usually wait until I am already hungry to start preparing food so I just go for something quick and simple, which is good sometimes but it limits your options and the same meal gets kinda old after a while.

In college I had easy mac and oreos for dinner every night until junior year when I upgraded to a piece of chicken on the george foreman and white rice every. single. night. I can eat the same thing day after day if I like it but the hubs prefers a little variety (like most people). And I have to say after almost every meal he cooks I claim that I could eat that meal every day for the rest of my life (that's how good it is) and I mean it too. His pork chops are to die for. His ribs? Ah-mazing. Homemade pizza, spaghetti sauce, chilli, rubs, and the list goes on. How did I get so lucky?

Although I will admit that when we first met his idea of a home cooked meal involved pouring a jar of Ragu onto a pile of half-cooked noodles. But after picking through a few burnt meals he really got the hang of it and actually enjoys coming up with new and creative dishes. On the menu for tonight: chicken pesto pasta and french bread. Smells so good!

Nothing like some good food to brighten your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails