This Body.

I barely recognize it. I loved my pregnant body. My growing bump that contained the most precious thing in the world to me. I would rub my belly, talk to it, sing songs to it. The hubs would kiss it and my pups loved resting their heads there. I didn't mind my cheeks getting fuller, I always knew they would. And as my legs got thicker and hips got wider I told myself they would be back to normal after I had the baby.

And now? I'm all flabby and don't fit into my clothes and just want to eat all of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my body. This body made an incredibly beautiful little girl. This body endured over 24 hours of labor without failing me. And I in no way expect it to be exactly the way it was before I had a baby. But now that I have gotten the okay to exercise again I'm jumping right in.

Only it's not that easy. Finding time to exercise when you're taking care of a newborn and two dogs, trying to keep the house clean, laundry washed, and dishes put away is no easy task. Then you add in the lack of sleep and many times I find myself in the great debate of "nap or workout". I guess the important thing is that I am trying.

Usually I stick to the workout videos that I have been doing since college. They can be done while Sadie plays on her mat next to me or naps in her swing. I also received a baby & me workout video from my brother-in-law and his wife and have done that a few times with Sadie and she loves it! The only problem with it is that there is zero cardio involved.

The current goal is to lose 15 more pounds (5 pounds less than pre-Sadie weight, what I weighed before the miscarriages) and be ready for a half marathon come January. I went for my first run last night and it felt amazing. Painful but incredible. I am excited to get back into shape but worried about my wavering motivation. 

Other momma's out there do you have any tips? How do you find time to workout? What are you doing to get back in shape?

11 comments:

  1. as a new mom you need to make sure you still take time for you. Make the "Me time" your workout time when the hubby gets home or on the weekends. It will keep everyone happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Kim! That is definitely something I need to work on.

      Delete
  2. I have been meaning to ask you about half-marathon training. I really want to do one and am thinking the Key West one in January, that way I can start training when I am either ending or done bfing. I JUST started somewhat getting back into working out this week and you're right, it's SO hard! It will be 4 months on Sunday and I totally thought I'd be back into by now, so that's a little discouraging. I feel like it's such a process to run... either have to feed her or pump right before or I'm miserable! I'm glad I'm not the only one though, mustering up the motivation is the worst! When do you start back to work? PS Love your new blog layout! Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed a huge difference depending on the time of day. There is no way I could run in the morning or afternoon (too painful) but if I go in the evening after nursing and before it gets dark then it is MUCH better. Even if you didn't start running for another few months there is still plenty of time to train for a half marathon in January! Are you still in the Orlando area?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I wanted to realistic with the training schedule, since I'm still getting back into the swing of juggling all my responsibilities as a working mom. Yes, we are still in Orlando (Avalon area)!

      Delete
    3. That's so close to us! Maybe once both the girls hit the 6 month mark we can take them running sometimes :)

      Delete
  3. You're doing great! I had a really tough time accepting my post baby body. I carried a lot of weight while I was breast-feeding and I couldn't drop the last 10 pounds. After 6 months and not seeing improvement I started training for the Princess half marathon- and I could NOT stop eating (so much working out and baby feeding that my body had to do!) So I lost about 5 pounds but not all of it. Once I was done feeding Jamin and post-half marathon I finally shed the last 6 pounds. I was my pre-pregancy weight for 1.5 months- then here I am pregnant again! What a cycle, lol

    Phew!

    The point of that rant is that I think a half marathon is the best way to get back in shape and don't be too hard on yourself! I kept reading about moms that got so skinny while breast-feeding and that just wasn't me! It just takes some momma's a little bit longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! And we plan on trying again right after the half marathon lol so it should be interesting. Thanks for the words of encouragement, it really helps!!

      Delete
  4. You can do it! Don't worry. You look great. And on your point about the pregnant body, I liked mine too. I liked feeling connected with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with ya! I almost had a break down the other day because my maternity clothes don't fit and my regular clothes don't fit. It's a tough transition. And I also have the great "nap or workout" debate. I usually work out and feel good the rest of the day but hit my pillow by 9:30/10.

    You'll get there. Give it time...that's what I am telling myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic! I'm 4 months post partum and still have *cough* 15lbs to lose. I had to buy a whole new set of work clothes when I went back to work b/c I don't fit in my normal clothes. Sigh.

    I try to workout 3-4 times a week, but it's not coming off fast enough!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails