Reality.

This weekend the hubs finished painting the walls of our baby's nursery. Not only does our baby have a room of her own but also a name. And ten perfect little fingers that I have counted a thousand times in our ultrasound picture. I can feel her kick on a regular basis and two nights ago the hubs felt her for the first time. We have seen her heart beat, her chest rise and fall with each breath, and her arms and legs extend and wiggle around. My belly is constantly growing and I am very visibly pregnant to the outside world.

This is real.

Sometimes that is still a difficult concept to grasp. Because for a while there we weren't sure if it ever would be.

Today Sadie is 18 weeks. I realize we are not quite half way there and the journey ahead of us is still long but I am so happy to be where we are today. Each week feels like a giant milestone and every new thing we experience is a tremendous accomplishment. My husband tells me daily what a great job I am doing growing this baby and I remind him it's because he takes care of me so well. We will not let a single moment of this go unappreciated.

As I stand in Sadie's empty room and stare at her precious pink walls I am overwhelmed with happiness and anticipation. We cannot wait to meet you Sadie.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I've never left a comment before but I just have to comment on this one because I'm tearing up reading it. I found your blog after my first miscarriage in may. Read back through your entries and have been silently follwing along with your pregnancy hoping for the best! I'm so happy for you! 2 weeks ago I found out that I was pregnant again and so far I've only seen the little guy in the sac with the yolk sac - next week I go in and I'm praying for a strong heartbeat! I admire your stregnth and optimism , I'm trying to channel it now. Once again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You and your baby will be in my prayers, I hope this little one decides to stick around for you. Stay positive, I know it's not easy.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails