19 week update

The first trimester dragged on for what felt like an eternity. And here we are at nineteen weeks with the time just flying by.

A couple of nights ago I got a little scare when I woke up with some pretty sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It kept me awake for a while and returned again the next morning only less severe. At first I passed it off as gas pains but my paranoia got the best of me so I called the doctor just in case. The nurse said not to worry and it just sounds like round ligament pain. Whew. It's not that I mind the pain or discomfort, I can deal with that no problem, it is the fear of something being wrong with my Sadie that scares me.

The discomfort is still there but no more pain. It also helps that I have felt Sadie kicking like crazy the whole time. She is so good at reassuring me :)

Other than that I have been feeling pretty great. I still have the occasional dose of morning sickness but it is becoming less and less. My belly is growing bigger by the minute and I can't help but smile when I catch my shadow or reflection. I just love being pregnant.

As you can see from the picture on the right as well as my Steppin' Out picture this week, I have a new shadow. Wentworth has always been a mamma's boy but lately he wont let me out of his site. He is always on my lap or at my feet. Poor guy doesn't know what he's in for come December.

I will have to write another post later on about the things we are doing to prepare the pups for Sadie's arrival. We want to make the transition as smooth as possible for everyone. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them! My biggest concerns at the moment are jumping, barking, and toy snatching. But I have a lot of faith that they are all going to love each other.

And just for fun I thought I would share some of my latest cravings (which are getting stronger!):
- Captain Crunch
- Popcorn
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter (spoon fulls!)
- Slim jims

3 comments:

  1. Pregnancy looks good on you :)

    Glad you're feeling better! Can't wait to see pictures of Sadie's room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so stinkin cute! And I don't know if I've told you yet, but I LOVE the name Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!! Pictures will be up soon of what we have so far Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails