What's that you say?

You see something new on my blog? Oh it's a countdown huh? I wonder what that could be for...

OUR FIRST EVER CRUISE! My mom decided that the best way to celebrate my dads birthday this year is to go on a family cruise. We leave July 18th (daddy's birthday is the 19th) and we come back on the 22nd. None of us have ever been on a cruise so the packing situation should be interesting, considering I will probably try to bring everything I own "just in case" and since no one else has been on a cruise, they wont be able to object ;).

My skin is almost iridescent at this point so you can imagine how much I am looking forward to being in the sun for four days straight! And the all you can eat/free room service sounds incredible! Even if it means I come back two sizes bigger, it's worth it!

Although I am completely prepared to gain some weight on the cruise, I am not too happy with the weight I have been gaining post-miscarriage. In order to prepare for the cruise (being in a bathing suit for 4 days worth of pictures) I am going to attempt to get back in shape. I finally got the boot off of my foot but I don't think I'm ready to start my running regimen yet so I'm going to try biking and workout videos... oh, and no more soda (which is tough for me!). I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

We are all looking forward to this cruise, a break from the everyday routine, relaxation, sun, uninterrupted time together, plan and simple fun! But this cruise is also symbolic for the hubs and I. When we get back home, we will start trying to conceive again! We decided to listen to the doctor and wait the recommended 3 months and then we are going to add one more month to the wait because my best friend is getting married in March and asked me to be her Matron of Honor and I would prefer not to give birth on that very same day. I don't care if I am busting out of my bridesmaid dress, as long as I can be there for her on her special day.

I am more excited than nervous about trying to conceive again and I hope it stays that way. Third times a charm right?

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are excited about the cruise...It will be the best family time..I loe you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails