Life as a homeowner

All it took was one trip to Ikea and we now have about 1,000 projects to do around the house. And of course, with each project we do we destroy another room in the process... Ikea is evil (but in the best way).

Project #1: The Laundry Room
When we moved into our house we repainted most of the rooms and gave some much needed TLC to the ones we didn't paint. We spent months decorating and making each room of the house a reflection of us. Except for the laundry room. We neglected it, didn't touch a single thing, not a drop of paint or sweat went into that poor room. It had white, marked, scratched walls, white wire shelves that the previous owners hadn't cleaned in 10 years or so, and ugly linoleum floors.

We thought there was no reason to pay any attention to it, it's just a laundry room, we're hardly ever going to be in there. Wrong. It is the first room we walk into every single time we come home (it's connected to the garage), it's where I spend a lot of time doing laundry, it's where we feed the pups twice a day. I finally decided it needed some lovin' too. I wish I took before pictures but I was so excited to get started that I didn't think of it until the shelves were down and the room was empty.

A little bit of paint, some new shelves & accessories, and lots of love later:
I realize I just wrote an entire post about my laundry room but I can't help it, I just love our house! There will probably be many more posts about it too.

Next project (already in progress): The front yard

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails