A little 1st tri humor

I realized the other day that the hubs favorite story to share about our first trimester is one that I haven't shared here. Possibly for the embarrassing nature of it but I figured it would be good for a quick laugh. I apologize in advance for any visual it may create....


During the first trimester and beginning of the second trimester I would get sick every day at the same time. It didn't matter what I ate or didn't eat (trust me, I tried everything!). And it wasn't the actual getting sick part that troubled me, it was more the timing of it all that stressed me out.

Every morning on my way to work I would throw up... in my car. My drive to work consists of 95% highway and it is just not always possible to pull over. After the first few days of this I had a system down. I doubled (sometimes tripled) up on plastic grocery bags and kept them open and ready in the passenger seat. Most days I would just hold them open and lean to the side to take care of business. Well on a particularly rough ride into work, while driving on the highway with more traffic than usual at 6am, I didn't have a free hand or the option to take my eyes off the road for even a second.

So I did what I thought any rational person would do in my situation. I hung the handles of the grocery bags on my ears, handled my business, and kept my eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. It didn't seem like a big deal to me (or the cop who passed me in this predicament) but when I told the hubs about it he could not contain his laughter. I am pretty sure he has told every friend and family member this story and laughed his butt off every time.

There you have it, the joys of pregnancy. And with those joys comes the lack of embarrassment over many bodily functions.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing! LOL. You do what you gotta do, I guess. I couldn't imagine driving by someone doing that. I wouldn't know whether to laugh or feel seriously sorry for them. Oh the joys, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails