The Baby Blues

I have them.

Bad.

You would think that working directly with tons of women who just gave birth and their always adorable new born bundles for the past four in a half months would make me immune to these feelings but nooooo. It's weird too because nothing about my job makes me sad (other than when drugged out momma's make drugged out babies).

But seeing the babies make me happy, not sad. And seeing the proud momma's and daddy's makes my heart melt into a giant puddle instead of filling me with envy. I wont lie and say I don't daydream about the day it's finally us being wheeled up to my floor with our very own little person wrapped snuggly in my arms. It's just that those daydreams are filled with happy, not these crummy blues I have going on right now.

My faith is still as strong as ever, I am just a little sad it hasn't happened for us yet. Patience has never been a strong attribute of mine but I am certainly learning that it's going to be a role I have to play.

Now quick, someone show me a picture of a cute baby so I remember why I am going through all of this to begin with!

1 comment:

  1. Well I don't have any pictures handy but I can tell you that it's so worth it..which I'm sure you already know! The end result is always worth the means and you're going to be a fantabulous mother who sews cute little things for baby and has day long Disney movie marathons with ice cream and puppies on the couch. What kid wouldn't love that?! One day you're going to be lucky enough to have a sweet little bundle and a sweet little bundle is going to be lucky enough to have you! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails