Meet Mr. & Mrs. Big Mouth

Remember that semi-secret we had? You know, the one about us baking a baby? The one that we weren't going to shout to world just yet? Well we gave it a shot but it just didn't work out.

It turns out that we don't do so well with the whole "secret" thing. That is unless the definition of secret has recently been changed to: tell every single person you see. Although I'm pretty sure that's not the case. It's really not our fault at all, we can't control how excited we get, or the fact that someone asks us how we are doing or what we've been up to lately. It wouldn't be right to lie to these nice people so we just sit, squirming until someone asks us any sort of question that allows us to blurt out our exciting news.

I'll give you a little example of some of the questions that prompt our secret telling....

Friend 1: Hi! How are you?
Me: I'M PREGNANT!

Friend 2: What are you doing tomorrow night?
Me: I'M PREGNANT!

and sometimes....

Friend 3: Hi....
Me: I'M PREGNANT!


See not my fault, they pulled the secret right out of me! Nothing I could do really. Luckily, we have managed to keep it off of facebook and we would like to keep it that way. It's one thing for us to tell people that we see on a regular basis but it's a whole different story for the news to spread to the girl I had two classes with sophomore year of college or that I worked with 5 years ago. The least we can do is keep it limited to the people we actually speak with. That is until after the first trimester and then I will literally shout it to the world (or anyone who will listen). Although don't hold me to actually waiting until the second trimester.... you know that's very difficult for me. I will try though.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails