Baby Gear!

When I was pregnant I read a million reviews online and asked every person I knew with a baby about baby products. I wasn't sure what we really needed and then of course there are so many options of each item that it gets a bit overwhelming. Now that our little nugget is here I am so extremely thankful for the insight of those who graciously shared their wisdom with us. In the spirit of paying it forward I am going to share some of the things we that have made the last 6 weeks a lot easier on us.

1. Fisher-Price My Little Snug-a-Bunny Cradle Swing
We would not have slept the first few nights without this lifesaver. Sadie had her days and nights a little confused in the beginning and the hubs and I were so exhausted that our brains were not functioning properly. It wasn't until 4am the first night home that we decided to try the swing ::cue angels singing:: that magic machine put our baby right to sleep! She likes being in it awake now too. The thing is like a baby silencer, awake or asleep she is so content in this swing. A definite must have in this house!


2. Summer Infant Muslin Swaddle Blankets
After trying several different swaddling blankets (I got a nice variety at my shower) these are the ONLY ones that kept Sadie swaddled. They are big and stretchy enough for her to stretch her legs but still allow you to pull it nice and tight so she can't escape.


3. Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat
Love this car seat! The transport team at the hospital I work at (who are certified in all things dealing with infant car seats) said this one was the best and I have to agree. The base is easy to install and the straps are easy to adjust.


4. Fisher-Price My Little Snug-a-Bunny Bouncer
Originally I thought that we didn't need both a bouncer and a swing but I take that back. The bouncer is perfect for Sadie to hang out in while I shower, get ready, clean, do dishes, do ANYTHING! If she falls asleep in it I can just pick it up and carry her in it to a different room. It makes life a lot easier for me during the day.


5. Chicco Ultrasoft Carrier
This was another thing I didn't really think we needed. I didn't register for or research any carriers but we got this one as a shower gift. I figured if we had it I would give it a try and I am so glad I did. If I need to go to the store by myself it is so much easier to carry her in this rather than lug around the car seat. I am surprised at how many bad reviews it has on the Babies R Us website! I think it is very easy to slide her in and out of by myself, the adjustments are simple and straight forward, she has plenty of support, and it doesn't hurt my back or bother my chest. It's also nice on her fussier days to be able to get things done around the house.


6. NUK Pacifiers
More lifesavers! Especially when we are out somewhere, if she starts getting fussy one of these beauties calms her right down. We also just started giving one to her to help her fall asleep at night the first time she goes down and it works like a charm.


7. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump
Although the actual process of pumping is not my most favorite thing, it is very helpful. On the weekends I am able to pump and let the hubs take a feeding during the night. I also pump if we are going to be out for a while because I haven't quite gotten the nursing while covered thing down yet so it's nice to have the option of a bottle if that's what I feel most comfortable with. Plus this will be a major necessity when I head back to work.


There may be more things (in fact I am sure there are) but these are the main ones that come to mind. Of course, every baby and every family is different but this is what has been working for us. Hope it helps someone out the way all of the advice I received has helped me.

2 comments:

  1. We have the same carseat and I agree, it's wonderful! Swaddle blankets were a lifesaver for us too. Hope Sadie is settling in nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I may have to attempt to put one of these together. Amen on the carseat and breast pump! I'm loving all your sweet pics of Sadie on Instagram! :) Hope you're doing well! - Kendra

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails