9 Weeks!

First of all I have to say a huge thank you for all of the comments, emails, text messages, etc. You all have been such an incredible source of support for me. The kind words during our losses, the prayers you've said on our behalf, the encouragements you gave when I was feeling low and the praises when I remained optimistic. You have shared your stories with me and given me advice at all hours of the night.

I just want you all to know that I appreciate it so much. And I still need you. Things are going great so far but I'm still scared. Mostly excited but the fear does creep in from time to time. With each week that passes I feel a little weight lifts off my shoulders but a lot still remains. It's nice to know that I have so much support and prayer on my side though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I had every intention to start "belly pictures" this week. But as I woke up on the morning of our ninth week I considered what this picture would look like. I currently have an eye infection (yuck), look like I have eaten one to many cheeseburgers in the last few weeks, have a face that is covered in pimples like I haven't since puberty and honestly would rather opt out of putting on a bra on my first day off of work. Clearly the decision to wait until later in the week was a wise one. You're welcome.

The morning sickness has really kicked in this week. I thought I knew nausea a few weeks ago but I had no idea! It's always worse at work until close to lunch time and then makes a grand reappearance before and during bedtime.

My co-workers (mother and baby nurses) have somehow talked me into trying all sorts of things that I normally would have turned my head to. Like eating straight up ginger, the same kind that comes on the side of your sushi. I could only get a few bites in before running the bathroom so not sure if that works or not. They have also made me ginger tea, which is really strong and burns the throat a bit but worked to calm my belly.

Honestly though, as much as it sucks, I don't really mind it. It's a part of pregnancy and I knew that going in so I just suck it up and feel a little relieved because this is yet another thing I never experienced in my past pregnancies.

Next week we get to see our little peanut again. Our MFM appointment is a week from today and according to the doctor this is the big ultrasound for us. If our measurements are what they should be and that little heart is still beating strong than there is virtually no reason we would miscarry. That's an awful lot to put on one appointment. So keep those prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails